Our firm believes that citizens should make a meaningful contribution to the community in which we live.
Mike Vaughn is currently serving (2015) as the President of the Long Beach-Yokkaichi Sister City Association.
In late 2013 Mike was selected to serve as Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster’s official representative to Yokkaichi, Japan, at the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the sister cities of Long Beach and Yokkaichi.
October 2013 Mike was named an Honorary Citizen of Yokkaichi, Japan.
Mike served (2012/2013) as the President of the Sister Cities International, Southern California Chapter, Inc. This board oversees and assists more than 60 Sister City Programs in Southern California. He also served as president of the Long Beach Sister Cities, Inc. and president of the Long Beach-Yokkaichi Sister City Association in 2007 - 2011.
Mike is also active in the Yokkaichi English Fellows (YEF) program which provides English teachers who have graduated from California State University of Long Beach to assistant teach in the Yokkaichi, Japan School system. To learn more visit: www.longbeach-yokkaichi.org
Mike also serves as a member of several Boards of Directors for non-profit corporations providing services to the Southern California community.
CURRENT EVENTS AND PHOTOS
- February 7, 2015 - Master of Ceremonies at the Dr. John E. Kashiwabara Tree Planting Ceremony in Long Beach.
- September 17, 2012 - Guest Speaker, Laguna Beach Sister City Association.
- July 27, 2012 - Master of Ceremonies, Long Beach-Yokkaichi Sister City Association 49th Annual Trio Exchange Reception at Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden, California State University, Long Beach.
- May 21, 2012 - Guest Speaker Orange County Bar Association International Affairs Meeting.
- March 27, 2011 - Master of Ceremonies, Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fundraiser at Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden, California State University, Long Beach